RHCE 8 EX294 exam practice question 1
On drdev1.tekneed.com, install and configure Ansible as follows:
*Install the necessary packages.
*Create a static inventory file called /home/lisa/ansible/inventory as follows:
– host1.tekneed.com is a member of the development host group
– host2.tekneed.com is a member of the quality_assurance host group
– host3.tekneed.com and host4.tekneed.com are members of the production host group
– host5.tekneed.com is a member of the security host group
– The security group is a member of the hpc_servers host group
*Create a configuration file called ansible.cfg as follows:
– /home/lisa/ansible/inventory/ must be defined as the host inventory file.
– /home/lisa/ansible/roles/ must be the location of the roles in the playbooks
-The escalation user, and the user that will be used to manage the remote hosts must be root.
This question is based on installing, configuring, and creating Ansible static inventory in the RHCE 8/EX294 course on this website. If you have gone through this course, solving this wouldn’t be a problem.
1. Install Ansible
[lisa@drdev1 ~]$ sudo dnf install ansible Updating Subscription Management repositories. Red Hat Ansible Engine 2.8 for RHEL 8 x86_64 (RPMs) Dependencies resolved. ..............
2. Create the static inventory with the name, /home/lisa/ansible/inventory
[lisa@drdev1 ~]$ mkdir -p /home/lisa/ansible/
[lisa@drdev1 ~]$ vim /home/lisa/ansible/inventory
[development] host1.tekneed.com [quality_assurance] host2.tekneed.com [production] host3.tekneed.com host4.tekneed.com [security] host5.tekneed.com [hpc_servers:children] security
3. create the ansible.cfg configuration file, and add the inventory and roles path.
NOTE: you can always use the Ansible global configuration file (/etc/ansible/ansible.cfg) as a reference in case you forget any key-value pair to use in the configuration file.
[lisa@drdev1 ~]$ vim /home/lisa/ansible/ansible.cfg
[defaults] inventory=/home/lisa/ansible/inventory roles_path=/home/lisa/ansible/roles ask_pass=false remote_user=root [privilege_escalation] become=true become_method=sudo become_user=root become_ask_pass=false
4. Verify the inventory configuration
[controller@drdev1 ~]$ cd /home/lisa/ansible/
[lisa@drdev1 ansible]$ ansible --list-hosts all hosts (5): host1.tekneed.com host2.tekneed.com host3.tekneed.com host4.tekneed.com host5.tekneed.com
5. Verify the current Ansible configuration file.
[lisa@drdev1 ansible]$ ansible --version ansible 2.8.18 config file = /home/lisa/ansible/ansible.cfg configured module search path = ['/home/lisa/.ansible/plugins/modules', '/usr/share/ansible/plugins/modules'] ansible python module location = /usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/ansible executable location = /usr/bin/ansible python version = 3.6.8 (default, Oct 11 2019, 15:04:54) [GCC 8.3.1 20190507 (Red Hat 8.3.1-4)]
dnf install ansible
click on the link below to watch video on RHCE 8 EX294 exam practice question 1
Your feedback is welcomed. If you love others, you will share with others