EX200/RHCSA 9 Exam Practice Question 1
The system administrator has just just been laid off, as the new system administrator, reset the root password of the HQDEV1 server to Password123
The question is based On resetting/recovering the root password in the RHCSA Course on this website. If you have gone through this course, solving this wouldn’t be a problem.
There are different methods to solve this. During the course of the study, we saw four different methods which are
You can use any of the methods that you are most comfortable with. I will be using method 1
1. restart the server, interrupt the boot process and edit the kernel line by pressing the “e” key on your keyboard.
2. Edit the line that starts with Linux, change ro (read only) to rw (read write, and enter the parameters) as shown in the line highlighted in yellow in the image below.
3. press ctrl+x so that the system can be booted into single user mode
4. mount the root file system on /
# chroot /sysroot
5. change the root password to “Password123”
# passwd root
6. relabel SELinux context.
# touch /.autorelabel
7. enter the “exit” command twice to leave the single user mode and enter “reboot” to restart the system.
You can also watch the Video on EX200/RHCSA 9 Exam Practice Question 1 by clicking the link below.
Your feedback is welcomed. If you love others, you will share with others